POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : object oriented features : Re: object oriented features Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object oriented features
From: Mikael Carneholm
Date: 18 Aug 2000 05:16:07
Message: <399CFECD.630F8C9C@ida.utb.hb.se>
Warp wrote:

>   What would be the advantage of transforming subobjects after the CSG has
> been declared?

I think the main advantage of OO (from my point of view) would be _reading_
the location/rotation/scale etc. of objects, instead of (as in the example):
setting the values. Of course, there are also situations when setting the
values of object attributes should be useful, but this (rather meaningless)
example was what I could come up with at the spur of the moment. :)

Mikael Carneholm, B.Sc.
Dep. of Computer Science and Business Administration

Personal homepage:
http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch
E-mail:
sa9### [at] idautbhbse